Sunday, May 27, 2012

First, a Word from Our Sponsor


See that clump of trees behind me and a little to the right?


That's Canada. Ontario, to be exact.


Here in Minnesota, I am a Canine Good Citizen. I teach little kids how to be safe around dogs. I sneak into my mom's bed every chance I get, I live for my big orange ball, and I've never met a cookie I didn't like. 


Oatmeal are the best.


Over there in Ontario - if I were old enough - I would required be muzzled every time I left the house. I would never be allowed more than a six foot leash from my mom - unless I'm in an enclosed private property. If I bit someone, it would be The End - even if I acted purely from self defense and was completely provoked. But since I'm not old enough to be grandfathered in under Bill 132, I would just be killed. For being born the wrong breed. 


For setting paws on the wrong side of a river. 


Isn't that the silliest thing you've ever heard? 




(Rubi and I would like to take this opportunity to extend our heartfelt, sincerest, and deepest gratitude to those people in Minnesota who have worked with tireless strength and constant vigilance to keep breed specific legislation off our backs and out of lives. Y'all are big damn heroes to us. Thank you for our freedom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment